Siding Services in Flower Mound
Installing & Replacing Siding for Homes
The siding on your home is not only important for its exterior appearance, but it’s the first line of defense against the elements, too. Making sure that you choose the right siding for your home and that it’s always in good condition can help you protect your property value in more ways than one. Should you require assistance with your home’s siding, Modern Blu can help.
Our company has more than 20 years of experience helping people repair and restore their homes’ various interior and exterior features. Our siding services in Flower Mound include replacements and installations that can give your home a fresh new look while keeping everything behind it secure. You can expect high-quality workmanship and excellent customer service when you hire Modern Blu to do your siding, but scheduling a consultation with us is the best way to learn more about everything we offer.
When Should I Replace My Siding?
Sometimes siding damage isn’t apparent or can seem superficial, so even the most experienced homeowners don’t always know when it’s time to replace it. That said, there are a few telltale signs you can look for to determine whether or not your home’s siding should be replaced.
Any of the following can mean it’s time for new siding:
- Damaged boards or panels, which could warrant a localized repair or full replacement depending upon whether or not the obviously damaged siding has introduced destructive pests or rot.
- Cracks or gaps can have a number of causes, including impacts, but they should be addressed as soon as possible.
- Weather damage, which can appear as cracking, fading or peeling. Over time, your siding can degrade as a result of exposure to sunlight and temperature changes throughout the year.
- Water intrusion, which can occur even when there’s minor cracking or damage to your siding. Once water gets in, rot and mold growth can set in and damage a much larger portion of your siding from the inside out.
- Damage to interior walls can be a sign that your siding isn’t working as it should. If water can get past your siding, it can also reach interior walls.
- High energy bills can indicate problems with your siding that have affected your home’s insulation. If it costs more than before to keep your house warm or cool, and an HVAC technician can’t explain it, your home’s siding may be to blame.
What Are the Different Types of Exterior Siding?
Siding is just as much about protecting your home’s interior as it is about protecting its exterior curb appeal. That’s why choosing the right siding for your home can be a tough decision to make. Rest assured, however, that our experts at Modern Blu have the design and carpentry skills required to balance both needs for your home.
Siding typically comes in the following varieties:
- Vinyl siding
- Fiber cement siding
- Treated wood siding
- Cedar siding
Each type has its own unique aesthetic and structural qualities, which our experts can help you weigh when you’re not sure which to choose. If you live within a homeowner’s association community, keep in mind that there may be guidelines that determine which type of siding you can put on your home. We can help you review your CC&Rs and ensure that whichever type of siding you select will conform to your community’s rules.
Expert Siding Services in Flower Mound
Your home’s siding is one of its most important exterior features. Like your roof, you rely on it to maintain comfort and safety within your home – but that can only be assured when it’s in a proper condition.
Modern Blu offers expert siding services that include high-quality workmanship with the best possible materials. Our work will have you feeling relieved and confident that your home is restored to a condition that protects you and your family.
To request a consultation, please reach out to Modern Blu online.