Gutter Services in Flower Mound
Gutter Cleaning, Repair & Replacement
When you think about the condition of your home, how often do you consider how your gutters are doing? These important features are essential for taking rainwater from your roof and depositing it away from your foundation. When gutters are clogged or broken, however, it’s time to call a professional to help make things right.
At Modern Blu, we offer a wide variety of services that improve the interior and exterior of your home. If you can’t remember the last time you had your gutters inspected by a professional, it might be time to call us out to take a look. Rest assured that our professionals deliver high-quality workmanship that makes no compromises. If we notice that your gutters aren’t working exactly as they need to be, we can provide services that clean, repair, or replace them.
Take the right step toward ensuring your home gets the attention you know it deserves by getting in touch with us today.
How Often Should I Clean My Gutters?
Ideally, homeowners should have their gutters inspected and cleaned at least twice a year – once in the spring and once in the fall. Some homeowners may need to clean their gutters on a more frequent basis if they tend to collect leaves or pine needs from nearby trees. It’s also important to consider the potential impact of birds and rodents, whose nesting habits can become the source of a gutter clog.
A clogged gutter is a problem because it isn’t effectively moving water from your roof and away from the foundation of your home, which can be damaged over time by water intrusion. If water manages to seep into your basement, it can promote mold growth and attract pests. Avoiding these problems, however, is possible when you get the gutter services in Flower Mound you need to protect your home!
Can I Repair My Gutters without Replacing Them?
Damage to your home’s gutters should always be addressed as soon as it’s noticed. You might wonder, however, when it’s possible to make repairs without replacing your gutters entirely.
Here are a few cases in which a gutter repair can be effective:
- Damage is localized to only one or two areas. These can be easily repaired or replaced without taking out your whole gutter system.
- There are only a few minor tears or breaks. These can be sealed and last a few years, although it may be a sign that your gutters are aging and should be replaced soon anyway.
- Leaking occurs from one or two joints. Sometimes gutters can be knocked loose from their joints by the wind, heavy rainfall, or simply over time. When one or only a few joints are loosened, you may only need to have them tightened up and sealed again.
- A few hangers are loose. Gutter hangers can loosen over time, so as long as they’re not severely bent or dented, they can be tightened up.
When Should I Replace My Gutters?
At Modern Blu, we understand that all homeowners are operating on a budget and want to minimize their monthly expenses as much as possible. That being said, sometimes a gutter repair won’t be as cost-effective in the long run as a full replacement.
Here are some ways to tell when it’s time to replace your home’s gutters:
- Your gutter sections are consistently detached from one another.
- Fasteners or screws have fallen out
- Your gutters are falling away from your home
- Severe holes, rust, or cracks have formed along your gutters
- Sagging has developed along any length of your gutters
- Water pools up in your gutters
- Your basement has been flooding
If you’ve noticed any of these signs that you should replace your gutters, Modern Blu can help. Our company can provide all of the gutter services you need in Flower Mound to ensure your home’s gutters are working just as they need to be to protect you and your home.
Request a consultation from Modern Blu by contacting us online.